Since I’ve been planning our meals a week in advance I’ve been happier with what we’ve been eating. It’s amazing how many different dishes you can think up when you’re actually creating a menu! This has also eliminated the need to grab something quick from a fast food chain or repeating the same go-to dishes; it gets expensive and BORING. I tweaked a recipe from Chungah’s blog. I love her ideas so much.
This is a version of her One Pan Enchilada Bake.
- 1.5 lbs. of ground turkey
- 15-20 oz of tomato sauce
- Lawry’s Taco Seasoning
- 16oz can of corn kernels
- 1 can of 8 buttermilk biscuits
- 3 cups of Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cook ground turkey until browned
- Add taco seasoning and pepper to your liking
- Drain the corn and add it to the skillet
- Pour in the tomato sauce
- Cut the biscuit dough into quarters and add the pieces to the skillet
- Sprinkle your cheese over the top of the mixture
- Place the skillet (I used my handy-dandy cast iron) into the oven and bake for 25 minutes
- Take it out of the oven and enjoy!