It’s been a rough few days because my family’s been sick 🙁 Baby Girl and Scott are still sick, while I’m recovering. We spent the weekend in bed watching movies and keeping Baby Girl’s fever at bay. I had to drive around the block a few times to get her to fall asleep, tonight.
Now, I’ve been craving pasta for a while but hadn’t gotten around to making it. I finally decided to do what I do best and make it happen! I love pasta because it’s so filling with minimal effort. This dish is quick and foolproof!
What You Need:
- 1 (16 oz.) box of Penne Pasta
- 2 (15 oz.) jars of Bertolli Alfredo Sauce — homemade would be better but I didn’t have the time or energy (LOL)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 12 oz. of broccoli florets (easy steam are the way to go)
- Parmesan cheese
- season the chicken breasts to your liking
- bake them on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes or until cooked thoroughly
- bring 6 quarts of water to boil in a stockpot
- pour in the pasta and boil for 11 minutes or until al dente
- drain the pasta and let it cool
- pop the broccoli in the steam-ready bag into the microwave for 7 minutes & let it sit for 3 after it’s done
- chop or shred your breasts
- bring the alfredo sauce to a boil
- add the pasta, broccoli, and chicken to the empty stockpot then pour the alfredo sauce in
- stir until warm
- after it’s plated, dust it with Parmesan
And voila! you’ve got yourself a quick and filling pasta dish.